Duration: 3 Day (18 hours) / Age: 18+ / Click for bookings or open course dates
A three day (minimum 18 hours) modular course. The course is for statutory and workplace needs. The FAW course is designed to introduce a systematic method of first aid for managing casualties. The course is a balance of learning and practical intermixed with scenarios of real situations. The course includes:
- The fundamental workings of the body, in particular, the heart, lungs and airway
- Recognising the difference between – healthy; ill; injured
- Recording the baseline measurements of the vital body functions
- Introduces a system to cope with all incidents as safely as possible
- Covers the HSE syllabus for first aiders at work according to the ’81 and ’97 regulations and the UK and European Resuscitation guidelines
First Aid at Work is an HSE approved course valid for 3 years Ability to maintain statutory first aid requirements for a place of work according to HSE ’81 and ’97 regulations. Can be updated by a 2 day refresher course before expiry of original 3 year certificate.