Our base in the city centre is located at the Pinkston Basin Water Sports Centre. The paddlesports centre has Scotland's only artificial whitewater course and is a unique urban watersports facility. We offer paddlepsorts courses in kayaks and canoe’s as well as a multi activity course based around the John Muir Award.
Paddles Sports Courses
There are two types of paddlepsorts sessions available for your school.
- Single Taster Session - Pick a day and book a single session(2 hrs) for a group to visit the centre and take part in a watersports experience.
- Development Course - Over two days (9.30am -2.30pm) participants will progress their skills spliting their time between canoes and kayaks. Pupils will gain the Paddle Start Award through their 2 days of work on the water.
The instructors at the facility are Blairvadach staff and will work with a maximum of 1:8 participants on the water. The maximum number of pupils that we can cater for a session of paddlesports is 16 pupils at time.
John Muir Award
A progressive 4 day Outdoor Learning experience set in our wild urban environment.
Working through the 4 Challenges of the John Muir Award Discover, Explore, Conserve and Share, this programme delivers a nationally recognised certificate within a holistic personal and social development experience. Activities included in the programme are canoeing, kayaking, bushcraft, team challenges and a conservation project. Pupils who attend and engage with the course will earn a John Muir Discover Award as well a Paddle Start Award.
Click here for more information.
|All rates are per person|
|Price||Standard Rate||Glasgow Schools Rate April 2020 - June 2022|
|Single paddlesports sessions||£23||£23|
|2 Day Paddlesport Development Course||£60||£60|
|4 Day John Muir Award programme||£90||£90|
NB. Payment for the course will be collected through your school budget codes which are required to complete the booking process. Your AFA will be able to tell you these codes.
Equipment you need...
* We've made a video on what equipment to bring - check it out here *
All participants must bring with them:
- Shorts, T shirt or Swim wear for under a wetsuit
- Trainers or Canvas Shoes for use in the water
- Towel and Soap, Warm Clothes for after the watersports
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
...for John Muir Award
- Paddlesports equipment as above
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm jumper
- Waterproof trousers
- Hat and gloves